Ashley Stief
A CONCEPTUAL DESIGNER IN ADVERTISING & GRAPHIC DESIGN

About

b. 1986, HK.

Introducing my sidekick Bella Rose

Introducing my sidekick Bella Rose

 

“It’s through mistakes that you actually can grow. You have to get bad in order to get good.” -Paula Scher

As a senior at Kutztown University I fell in love with this quote. My four years majoring in Communication Design, with concentrations in Graphic Design and Advertising Design. My education, and an even bigger part, my mistakes have developed me to become the designer I am today. I believe there is beauty in every aspect that comes in designing an amazing project.

A mixture of my passion for Advertising and Graphic Design, mixed with my skills of concepting, time management, strong work ethic, proficiency in Adobe programs, and more have given me the tools to grow as a designer, and, as a person. I have had the opportunity to intern at Sire Advertising in Pennsylvania, where I learned more about how a small agency operates. Getting to-do lists daily, working one on one with the head designer to create client ready branding elements, advertising tools, and learning the ins and outs of the system. I was also the Treasurer and Head of Speakers Committee for the AIGA Kutztown Chapter. These positions gave me organization skills, leadership skills, and team building skills.

Along with design experiences my life has provided me with unique social skills. I grew up in a military family and therefore relocated often, which made me adapt and embrace new cultures and environments often. Living in Italy for a couple years and constantly meeting people from different cultures, social classes, and ethnicities gave me the ability to be easily adaptable in almost every situation and environment, and has kept me extremely open minded. One of my other passions is traveling. I have had the opportunity to experience and travel to a variety of places including Italy, London, and a decent amount of the United States. These opportunities kept me cultured, and humbled in every way.

I strive for being able to take the opportunities life throws at me and excited for what it has to offer. In the end I wouldn't trade anything I have been given. Life may get difficult, but ultimately 90% of life is just showing up, you have to figure out the other 10%.